Humboldt County

Humboldt County Iowa - Land Between Two Rivers


Contact Information
Drivers's License - 515-332-2993
Humboldt County Treasurer's Office 203 Main Street, PO Box 100 Dakota City, IA 50529

2014/2015 Taxes are now available!

Office Hours

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day - CLOSED
New Year's Eve - Open Regular Hours
New Year's Day - CLOSED

Property Taxes: 8:00 - 4:00 Monday - Friday

Titles & Registrations: 8:00 - 4:00 Monday - Friday

Driver's License: 8:30 - 4:00 Monday - Friday
Written Tests : 8:30 - 3:00 Monday - Friday
Car Drive Tests: Fridays by appointment


Online:  eCheck, Discover, MasterCard and Visa

In Office:

   Motor Vehicle & Property Taxes - Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover & PayPal

  Driver's License - Cash, Check, MasterCard (Debit & Credit), Visa (Debit Only - acceptable as long as Interlink is not listed on the back of the card), Discover


Vehicle Renewals

Replacment License Plate Issuance begins April 2

Online Vehicle Renewals Exceptions:


  • Vehicles with personalized or special emblem plates may not be renewed online after the second month after the expiration.  (Ex: If the plate's registration month is December, you cannot renew the vehicle online after February 28th.)

  • A vehicle registration cannot be renewed online after the 8th month of penalty.  (Ex: If the plate's registration month is December, you will not be able to renew online after September 30th.)

  • Half year license and apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal at this time.

  • Fire fighter plates cannot be renewed online.

  • If you have SR22 or have outstanding debts to the Clerk of Court, Department of Revenue or owe child support you will not be able to renew online.


2014 Tax Sale Information


FYI's regarding Humboldt County Property Taxes...

  • To avoid publication in the newspaper - taxes must be paid by Friday, May 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm

  • To avoid tax sale - taxes must be paid by Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm

  • No taxes will be collected in the office or on the Internet, Monday, June 16, 2014

To see the 2014 Delinquent Property Tax Lists go and choose Humboldt County


December Truck Renewals - Remember if your truck is licensed for 28 ton or more, you need to show your Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax payment or exemption filed with the IRS (aka 2290).  We have the form in our office otherwise you can download it from the IRS website.

Form -

Instructions -

The IRS office in Fort Dodge is located at 1728 Central Ave.  Phone 515-576-1744


Firefighter License Plates - To apply for Firefighter plates or to renew your Firefighter plates, you need to get a Firefighter License Plate Application from your fire chief.  This needs to be done every year!


Handicap parking is located on the northeast corner of the court house. There is a handicap entrance on the east side of the building. This leads directly to the elevator. our office is on the first floor.